From 1990 to 1993 Dr. Whitelegg was Head of Department of Geography at Lancaster University and Director of the University's Environmental Epidemiology Research Unit. He has written books and over 50 papers, including Transport for a Sustainable Society: the Case for Europe (John Wiley, 1993) and Critical Mass: Transport, Environment and Society in the 21st Century (Pluto Press, 1996), and is founder and editor of the Journal of World Transport Policy & Practice.
Managing Director of Eco-Logica Limited and Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce. Research interests encompass transport and the environment, definition of sustainable transport systems and a sustainable built environment, development of transport in third world cities focusing on Calcutta and the relationships between sustainability and human health, implementation of environmental strategies within manufacturing and service industry and development of environmental management standards. Discipline: Transport, Planning & Housing.
- Eco-Logica Homepage
- Journal World Transport Policy & Practice Homepage
- Stockholm Environment Institute biography of Whitelegg
- Hillman, M., Adams, J. and Whitelegg, J. (1990) One False Move: A Study of Children's Independent Mobility Policy Studies Institute, London.
- Whitelegg, J. (editor) (1992) Traffic Congestion: Is There a Way Out? Leading Edge Press, Hawes, Yorkshire
- Whitelegg, J. Hulten, S. and Flink, T. (eds) (1993) High Speed Trains: fast tracks to the future Leading Edge Press, Hawes, Yorkshire
- Whitelegg, J. (1993) Transport for a Sustainable Future: the case for Europe Belhaven, London.
- Whitelegg, J. (1997) Critical Mass: Transport Environment and Society in the Twenty-first Century Pluto Press, London.
- Nick Williams, Maf Smith and John Whitelegg (1998) Greening the Built Environment Earthscan, London.
- Whitelegg, J. and Haq, G. (eds) (2003) The Earthscan Reader in World Transport Policy and Practice Earthscan, London.
- ↑ Liverpool John Moores University
- ↑ Stockholm Environment Istitute
- ↑ EcoLogica staff list
- ↑ EU Politix
- ↑ Green Party biography