Template:Future election candidate Jesse Johnson (b. March, 1959) is a Green Party politician, and a failed candidate for the 2008 Green Presidential nomination. Johnson is Chair of West Virginia's Mountain Party  and a Green National Committee Delegate. In 2004 Johnson was the gubernatorial candidate for the Mountain Party, receiving 18,430 votes (2.48%). In 2006 Johnson once again topped the party's ticket running for a seat in the U.S. Senate. Johnson received 1.9% of the vote. Johnson's 2008 Presidential campaign has been endorsed by former Alaskan Senator and 2008 presidential candidate Mike Gravel. Johnson lost the nomination to former Democratic Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Johnson placed fourth behind McKinney, Kent Mesplay, and Ralph Nader (who did not actively campaign for the Green party's nomination). He is currently running for the governorship of West Virginia and has been endorsed by the Sierra Club.
Johnson is also a filmmaker, actor, and theatrical producer. He is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, Actor's Equity, AFTRA, SAG's Native American Registry and has worked with both the Directors Guild of America and the Writers Guild of America.
- Jesse Johnson for President campaign site
- Speaking at Green Party Presidential Candidate Forum 2007 Green Party national meeting
- Candidate profile: Jesse Johnson at Project Vote Smart
- Green Party Minneapolis Presidential Forum January 12, 2008
- Speaking at Membership Meeting Minneapolis Minn. January 11, 2008
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found