Izigzawen (English: The Greens, formerly known as Parti démocrate amazigh or Amazight Democrat Party) is an illegal Berberist Green political party in Morocco, launched in 2005. It is open to all Moroccan citizens, both Arabic and Berber-speaking.
- The promotion of cultural diversity, linguistic and religious identity and federalism within a united kingdom;
- The promotion of secularism;
- Defense of biodiversity;
- The promotion of human rights and respect for international conventions relating thereto.
The party was forced to change its name due to a Moroccan law that prohibits party names with ethnic References. However, the party remains proscribed in Morocco.
See also Edit
- Conservation movement
- Environmental movement
- Green party
- Green politics
- List of environmental organizations
- Sustainable development
- The Greens, another Green party in Morocco.