Template:Green politics sidebar The Federation of the Green Parties of the Americas is the organization of Green parties in North America and South America. The Federation is one of four of its kind around the world; three other federations exist on other continents. The principal office of the organization is located in Mexico City. The presidency of the organization consists of three Co-Presidents, namely Julia Willebrand (United States of America), Jorge González Torres (Mexico) and Marco Antonio Mroz (Brazil).
In North America, Green parties are organized at the state or province level; in South America, they are organized by country. Many Greens focus on grassroots activism rather than state and national politics; "Think globally, act locally" is a common slogan among Greens. This organization is also especially concerned with the kidnapping case of Ingrid Betancourt.
- Brazil: Partido Verde do Brasil
- Canada: Green Party of Canada
- Chile: Partido Ecologista (defunct as of March 9, 2005)
- Colombia: Partido Verde Oxigeno
- Dominican Republic: Partido Verde Dominicano
- Mexico: Partido Verde Ecologista de México
- Nicaragua: Partido Verde Ecologista de Nicaragua
- Peru: Partido Ecologista Alternativa Verde del Peru
- United States: Green Party of the United States
- Uruguay: Partido del Sol
- Venezuela: Movimiento Verde Ecologico de Venezuela
- Federation of Green Parties of Africa
- Asia-Pacific Green Network
- European Federation of Green Parties
- Global Greens
- Worldwide green parties
- Federation of Green Parties of The Americas - Official site. Retrieved August 21, 2008.